Cooking Basmati rice in the microwave is a convenient and time-saving method that can yield perfectly fluffy and aromatic grains. Whether you’re a busy professional, a college student, or simply someone looking for a hassle-free way to prepare this fragrant long-grain rice, using your microwave can be a game-changer.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of how to cook Basmati rice in the microwave, ensuring that you achieve a restaurant-quality dish right in the comfort of your kitchen.
How To Cook Basmati Rice In Microwave?
Here is the step for Cooking Basmati rice in the microwave:-
1. Clean The Rice
It is essential to rinse the rice to get rid of extra starch and make sure the grains stay separate and fluffy while they cook. How to do it:
Pick the amount of Basmati rice you want and put it in a bowl or a fine-mesh strainer.
Rinse the rice with cold running water while stirring it with your fingers. Rinse again and again until the water is clear, which means most of the starch has been cleared.
2. Let The Rice Soak
You don’t have to soak Basmati rice, but it can make the taste and cooking process better overall. Drinking the rice for 15 to 30 minutes can reduce the time it takes to cook and make the grains more evenly cooked.
After washing the rice, put it in a bowl and add water to cover it.
Soak the rice for as long as you want, then make sure it’s scorched before moving on.
3. Add Salt And Water
How your cooked Basmati rice feels will depend on how much water you use. You can use 1.5 to 2 cups of water for every cup of rice as a general rule, but you can change this if you want to. You can season the rice with salt by adding it to the water.
4. Put Rice And Water In A bowl That Can Go In The Microwave.
Soak and drain the Basmati rice, then put it in a bowl that can go in the microwave.
Put the salt and water that you measured into the bowl.
5. Cover And Heat In The Microwave
It’s now time to reheat your Basmati rice. Do these things:
- Put a lid or plate that can go in the microwave on top of the bowl that can go in the microwave.
- For 5 minutes, put the rice in the microwave on high. The power of your microwave may change the cooking time, so you may need to make a small change to this. You need to watch it and wait for the water to boil.
- Once you hear the water boiling, turn down the microwave’s power to half and keep cooking for another ten to fifteen minutes.
- After this, leave the rice in the microwave for another 5 to 10 minutes with the door closed. Leaving the rice to rest helps it soak up any extra water and become perfectly fluffy.
What Is The Ratio Of Rice To Water In The Microwave?
The ratio of rice to water in the microwave can vary depending on your preference and the specific type of rice you’re using. However, a typical ratio for Basmati rice, known for its long and slender grains, is approximately 1.5 to 2 cups of water for every 1 cup.
How To Store Microwaved Rice
It is essential to store microwaved rice correctly to keep its quality and safety. Here’s how to keep microwaved rice fresh:
1. Quickly cool the rice: After cooking it in the microwave, let it cool down to room temperature. Leave it out for a short time because if you leave rice at room temperature for a long time, germs can grow.
2. Divide the rice into If you have more rice than you want to eat at once, divide it into smaller pieces. This makes it easy to reheat only the amount you need in the future instead of having to do it over and over again.
3. Cooling down: Move the rice from the microwave to containers or plastic bags that won’t let air in. Quickly put the containers or bags in the fridge, ideally within two hours of cooking.
To keep germs from growing, it’s essential to keep the rice in the fridge at or below 40°F (4°C).
4. Write the date and label: When you cooked the rice on the packages or bags. This helps you remember how fresh it is and ensure you use it within an acceptable time.
5. Put it to use soon: When you microwave rice, it tastes best after eating it within a few days. When kept in the fridge, it’s usually safe to eat for three to four days.
Watch out for signs of something going wrong, like a bad smell or a strange feel. If you need more clarification, it’s best to throw away the rice.
Not only does cooking Basmati rice in the microwave save time but it can also be used for many different dishes and always gives the same results. If you follow these easy steps, you can enjoy the incredible smell and taste of Basmati rice without using a rice cooker or a pot on the stove. If you can master this method, it will be easier and faster to make meals, and you’ll enjoy the rich flavors of Basmati rice in your favorite dishes.
Thanks for reading.