Discover the secrets of the East through a trip through food that will make your taste buds dance. The flavors in Chinese food are profound, the smells are enticing, and the food is delicious. Today, we will discuss a famous dish called Chicken with Black Bean Sauce.
This dish is loved for its complex flavors and irresistible appeal. If you want to learn how to cook at home or are a seasoned pro, this recipe will open up a world of tastes that blend savory, salty, and umami in a way that makes it a classic.
Recipe For Chicken With Black Bean Sauce
Here is the recipe for the Chicken with Black Bean Sauce:-
Mix the marinade
- 1 (10 oz/280 g) chicken breast (or leg) without bones, cut into 2/3″ (1.5 cm) pieces of ice cubes
- One tablespoon of dry sherry or Shaoxing wine
- Two tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup black bean sauce
- One tablespoon of dry sherry or Shaoxing wine
- One teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of dark soy sauce (Not required; see comment 1)
- One tablespoon of water
- One teaspoon of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper, ground
- Half a teaspoon of cornstarch
- 8 ounces of vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 1/4 white onion, cut into small pieces
- One teaspoon of chopped ginger
- Two sliced garlic cloves and one diced bell pepper
- In a bowl, mix the chicken breast, Shaoxing wine, flour, and salt. After mixing well, set it away.
- In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients.
- To get the pan hot, put one tablespoon of oil and heat it over medium-high heat. Spread the chicken out in the pan so it doesn’t touch each other. Do not move the food for 30 seconds.
- To split the chicken, use chopsticks or tongs. Cook until the bottom starts to get a little golden. To cook the other parts of the chicken, flip it over and stir it around until the top is done. It was moving right away to a plate.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the last tablespoon of oil to the pan. You should add the garlic, ginger, and onion. For 30 seconds, cook until the onion starts to get soft. Stir it in a few times after adding the bell pepper.
- Put sauce in. Stir it up quickly. Bring the chicken back to the pan. Turn the heat up to high and stir the sauce for one minute. If you think the chicken needs more salt, taste it and add a pinch. Move everything to a plate right away. As a main dish, serve hot.
Serving: one serving, 256kcal, 15.1g of carbs, 21.4g of protein, 11.9g of fat, 1.6g of saturated fat, 60 mg of cholesterol, 465 mg of sodium, 491 mg of potassium, 1.1g of fiber, 8.4g of sugar, 15 mg of calcium, and 1 mg of iron.
Tips For Chicken With Black Bean Sauce Recipe
Of course! These helpful hints will help you make the best Chicken with Black Bean Sauce recipe:
- Make sure you use good ingredients: You are beginning with fresh, top-notch chicken and black beans that have been fermented. The flavor of your food will depend a lot on the quality of the ingredients you use.
- Make the chicken marinade: Putting the chicken in a bowl with soy sauce, rice wine, and cornstarch will help make the meat soft and give it flavor. For at least 20 to 30 minutes, let it sit.
- Get the ingredients ready: In Chinese food, things are often cooked quickly over high heat. Everything you need to cook should be prepared to go before you start. To do this, you need to chop, measure, and mix.
- Rinse and soak the black beans: Before you use dried black beans, make sure they are clean and soak them for about 30 minutes. They may taste less salty and be easier to work with after this.
- Cut down on sodium: Soy sauce and black bean sauce can have a lot of salt. As you go, taste the sauce and make any necessary spice changes. You can change how salty it is by using low-sodium soy sauce.
- Change the level of heat: The amount of chili peppers or sauce used can change how spicy this dish is. You can add more or less depending on how spicy you like it.
- Quickly stir-fry: When you stir-fry, use high heat and cook the chicken quickly to keep it soft. Wait to cook the chicken too long, or it will get tough.
- Use a wok or a big skillet: To stir-fry, you need a wok or a big, deep pan with high sides. It makes cooking more even and makes it easy to mix the ingredients.
- Add Spices and Vegetables: For more color and health benefits, add your favorite veggies, like broccoli, bell peppers, or snap peas. It tastes better with garlic, ginger, and green onions.
How To Keep Black Bean Sauce Chicken Fresh
It’s essential to store your Chicken with Black Bean Sauce the right way to keep it fresh and safe. How to do it:
- The dish should be at room temperature before it is stored. Food that is too hot can make the fridge warmer, which could affect the quality of other things stored there.
- If you made a lot of Chicken with Black Bean Sauce, you might want to divide it into smaller containers. This will help you store it better and make it easy to reheat the right amount when you’re ready to eat.
- Put the Chicken with Black Bean Sauce into sealed containers after it has cooled down. Avoid letting air and moisture into the containers by sealing them tightly. This will keep the food from going rancid.
- Put the sealed containers in the refrigerator right away. To keep cooked chicken meals fresh, the temperature should be between 35°F (1.6°C) and 40°F (4.4°C). Make sure that this temperature range stays in your fridge.
- You can safely eat chicken meals, like those with black bean sauce, for up to 3–4 days after putting them in the fridge. The quality might start to get worse after this time.
- For Chicken with Black Bean Sauce to be safe to eat again, it must be cooked to an internal temperature of at least 165°F (73.9°C). You can heat it again in an oven, a microwave, or a stove, whichever you prefer.
Chicken with Black Bean Sauce is a culinary masterpiece that shows how tastes can work together so well. If you have this recipe, you can make Chinese takeout in your own home and make it taste just like the real thing. This food is a real treat because it has tender chicken, strong black bean sauce, and many other fragrant ingredients.
Thanks for reading.